Spring has sprung and the tulips are finally beginning to bloom! The highly-anticipated Abbotsford Tulip Festival has just announced April 9, 2018 as their soft opening date, and this year’s event promises to be better than ever! Here are 5 ways you can tiptoe through the tulips this Spring.
5 things to do at the Abbotsford Tulip Festival with kids:
1) Stroll through the well-groomed crops of tulips, daffodils, gladiolus and peonies, and snap swoon-worthy photos on the colourful benches, or behind the playful cut-out photo boards.
2) Head to the u-pick field and hand-select your own beautiful bouquet of rainbow-coloured blooms. You can take home your own bundle of freshly-picked flowers to enjoy post-visit.
3) Not interested in picking your own bouquet? Browse the blooms at the on-site flower market, and take home a carefully-created bouquet.
4) Lunch at a selection of on-site food trucks, or pack a tasty picnic basket and enjoy an outdoor meal while gazing at the florals and the spectacular views of Mount Baker.
5) Take a break from the tulips and enjoy a play at the hay bale playground, or engage in sandbox or lawn games.